Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Thursday, February 17, 2011

    Behind & Beyond My Books: Rachel Zoe Is My RomCom-Cozy Muse

    Happy Thursday, D. D. Scott-ville!

    I'm hard at work on my new, RomCom-Cozy, Cozy "Cash" Mysteries, and havin' sooo much fun!!!

    In Book One - THUG GUARD - you'll meet my new heroine Stylist to the Stars and Recently-Licensed P.I. Zoey Witherspoon, and her Bad-Ass, Sometimes-Partner-Against-Crime, U. S. Marshal Roman Bellesconi.

    Actually, you were first introduced to this nutty, opposites-not-yet-attracting duo in Book Three of my Bootscootin' Books Series - BUCKLES ME BABY.

    But now, in the Cozy "Cash" Mysteries, Zoey and Roman are the "it" couple...well, they're supposed to be, but they've got a long, long way to go and several, super-bad guys to catch first.

    Here's the scoop:

    Think a wanna-be-Plum - yeah, as in Stephanie Plum, who’s far, far from Plum in her Rachel Zoe-esque world – meets a Ponzi-scheme king Bernie Madoff-type and “lit-erally”, as the Rachel Zoe loves to say, the double agent out to destroy the cozy cash, feeder fund world that makes Wall Street sing.

    It’s Charlie’s Angels – Mom Squad style – meets the new SEC’s Walker, Texas Ranger.


    So...who's my muse inspiration for Zoey Witherspoon?

    Check this out...




    Rachel Zoe - as in The Zoe Report Rachel Zoe, Hollywood Stylist and Star of the Hit Show The Rachel Zoe Project

    And you betchya my Zoey Witherspoon is gonna be dressed just like this - fabulous, faux fur vest included - when she gets her first bad guy!!!

    Sexy Sassy Smart Muse Inspiration, Behind & Beyond My Books Wishes --- D. D. Scott


    P.S. Next week, I'll fill y'all in on who inspired my Cozy "Cash" Mysteries hero Roman Bellesconi!

    Labels: , , , ,

     


     

    4 Comments:
    Blogger Tonya Kappes said...

    I love Rachel Zoey and her show. I can't wait to read your mystery.

    February 17, 2011 at 4:21 AM  
    Blogger jaw said...

    Sounds quite interesting! Have fun plotting & writing!

    February 17, 2011 at 5:40 PM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I can't wait to read my new mystery either, Tonya! LOL!!!

    Rachel is giving me a ton of quirky fun and fabulously chic inspiration for my heroine Zoey Witherspoon!

    Sooo much fun!!!

    February 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I am having a beyond heckuva great time with the kick-off book in this new RomCom-Cozy Series, Jaw!!!

    Can't wait to share it with you!!!

    February 21, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home