Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Having Fabulous Fun With My Fans: The Memetastic Award!
Happy Tuesday, All, and welcome or welcome back to D. D. Scott-ville!
Nothin' beats taking time out to have a bit of fantabulous fun with my fans. And last week...I was "awarded" for that...literally...
Here's the scoop:
I have been awarded The Memetastic Award by none other than Paige W. Pendleton!!!
Like so many before me who have walked down the hallowed halls of the golden statue, I too, accept this awesome award. And now, I must follow the rules, which are:
1. You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic in a post – Check
2. You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Your readers are to guess which one is the truth by posting a comment on your blog. – Check
3. You must pass on this awesomely, prestigious award to 5 deserving bloggers. – Check
Sooo...Here are Five Fantabulous Things about myself, one of which is actually true:
1. I don't believe in cocktails or "therapy"...or using cocktails as "therapy"
2. I've met and worked with, plus arranged for a doctor to see - because one of them had an awful case of the flu - one of my fave all-time musical duos Air Supply. (P.S. Their costumes were quite smelly after being on tour for awhile...but damn, they can still sing the songs just like I used to sing with 'em on my Mr. Microphone.)
3. Me, my muses, and Carrie Bradshaw (aka SJ PeePee) are BFFs.
4. After just taking up shooting, I'm pretty damn close to professional assassin status. (P.S. Thank God I live in a wide-open county. Why? Well...duh...it's cause my shooting skills are so superb at short distances, I'm now honing-in on my long-range kills.)
5. No angels sang when I was born - like Paige Pendleton claimed when she received her award. Hell no. My birthing buddies from above - who probably had wayyy, wayyy crooked halos - thought, "Happy Hour early tonight, Peeps!". Well...that's what I woulda been thinkin' if I were them. Nothin' like toasting to your screw-ups.
Now, I must pass-on this award to the following lucky recipients.
Can I have a drum roll please?
I’m over the moon about this. I feel like I’m giving away...well...an ugly graphic for starters.
But, truth told, I can't wait to see what the following fantabulous people list as their Fab Five Facts, one of which is truthful:
1. My DH - Our Sheriff's Department Captain and County Jail Commander plus the Fantabulous Author of our County Jail Blog
2. Barbara Silkstone - Fantabulous Author of THE SECRET DIARY OF ALICE IN WONDERLAND, AGE 42 AND THREE-QUARTERS
3. Karen Cantwell - Fantabulous Author of TAKE THE MONKEYS AND RUN
4. L. C. Evans - Fantabulous Author of WE INTERRUPT THIS DATE
5. Sibel Hodge - Fantabulous Author of THE FASHION POLICE
I'd love to give this award to more of my blogging friends, but it's not everyone who won't curse you for sending them this kinda crap.
But anyhoo, see their sites, blogs and books for more entertaining reads.
Now, My Fantabulous Readers and Fans, can you guess which one of the above "facts" is my D. D. Scott truth?
Sexy Sassy Smart D. D. Scott-Ville Fantabulous Reader and Fan Wishes --- D. D. Scott
Labels: Finding Fabulous Readers, Readers and Fans
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]