Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
<< Back Home
Friday, August 27, 2010
E-Book Country: Under The Covers - As In Book Covers - with Int'l Cover Model Jimmy Thomas (Part I)
Happy Friday, All!!!
Today's E-Book Country Blog Series Post is all about going "Under The Covers - As In Book Covers"!
And there isn't a hotter guy on book shelves and cyber shelves the world over than international cover model Jimmy Thomas, the man that's now the hero on something like 475 covers...including the oh-so-hot bootscootin' cowboy on my BOOTSCOOTIN' BLAHNIKS debut release!
Check this out...and yes, drool 'til your heart's content! Jimmy's just that drool-worthy.
For more fabulous images of Jimmy and to learn more about his fascinating careers, visit his websites at:
I'm beyond thrilled my publisher and I got Jimmy to do our cover shot! And I'm super-excited to have Jimmy here as my Guest Blogger for this two-part Under The Covers segment.
We're going to start with this Part I peek at one of Jimmy's real-live cover shoots which I was lucky enough to attend at RT10 (http://www.rtbookreviews.com/convention-home) this past April in Columbus OH.
Part II will be my amazing interview with Jimmy where he'll expand on some of the topics I cover today as well as give you the inside scoop on all-things-Jimmy including what makes this sexy, sassy, smart guy tick and what his future plans look like!
Oh, and get your questions and comments for Jimmy posted now! He'll be checking-in frequently the next couple days to give us more fun and fabulous scoop!
So let's jump right in...Under The Covers...(yes, I'm having the same visuals as you all on that idea...ohhh yeahhh!). Let's find out what happens at a Live, Book-Cover Shoot!
Here we go:
1. Jimmy chooses the gorgeous models he partners with for each shoot based on their personalities. These women must be fun and have chemistry with Jimmy. He also tries to use local models from the locations he's shooting in.
2. For Jimmy's photographers, lighting is the most important factor of the shoot. The lighting can set the mood or break it and keeps the image from appearing flat.
3. Jimmy and his models never force the poses. These covers aren't posed shots. Rather they are scenes Jimmy and his partner(s) act out in front of the camera. They keep the seduction and mood going by taking each shoot from a sweet romance to full erotic heat level.
***Note: This sweet to erotic heat element was the most intriguing point I learned at the live cover shoot. I had no idea that's how it was done. That way, Jimmy explained, his shoot can be used no matter what a book's heat level. Brilliant!!!
4. Jimmy thinks the "Almost Kiss" is the hottest shot. Like he says, "If you see the kiss, you know the end of the story."
5. He goes for that push-pull factor with each shot to keep the sexual tension high and visible.
6. He works with plus-size models too.
7. He loves doing action-style shots involving "running" away or toward danger.
8. He gave us this fun and fabulous inside-a-shoot tidbit: for Playboy shoots, they use one light designated for each body part - i.e. a light focused on the shoulder, the arm, the neck, etc.
9. For every couple hundred shots taken, he may get 30 "keepers".
10. They use very little make-up to avoid dating a shot. No added eyelashes either.
11. Jimmy bought a special bed for bedroom shots and hangs sheers and uses a variety of satin sheets for different effects.
12. Photographers often stand on the bed to get better shots. (Side note: Sooo much for the romance...LOL!)
13. The sheet colors used actually change the hair color. Hair is a huge factor in the shots, moving it just the right way with the strands right where you want 'em.
14. They often use Canon or Nikon cameras.
How's that for some great Under The Cover - As In Book Cover tidbits?! Fun stuff!!!
And as I've said a couple times before, Jimmy is a super sweet, sexy smart guy underneath all that muscle. Who knew they made 'em like that?!
In just a bit, I'll post Part II of this Under The Covers segment, and you'll hear from Jimmy himself as he answers my interview questions.
Oh, and again, start posting your questions and comments for Jimmy right now! He'll be checking-in with us for the next few days and is really looking forward to chatting with us!!!
Sexy Sassy Smart BOOTSCOOTIN' BLAHNIKS
E-Book Country Wishes --- D. D. Scott
Available Now at Both Amazon Kindle & Smashwords
Labels: E-Book Country
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Official Web Site of Romance Novelist D. D. Scott...it's all
about Sexy, Sassy, Smart, Career-Driven Women and the men who complete them.
D.D. Scott | The
Books | Sexy, Sassy, Smart Stuff | Where's
D.D. Scott | Contact D.D.
Writers, Wallflowers and Wet Blankets | D.D.'s
Weblog | FAQs | Fan
Club/Mailing List | Contest | Home
Copyright © 2008 by D.D. Scott. All rights reserved.