Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Thursday, April 21, 2011

    Time For a Short-Shorts, Shorts & Novella Show & Tell

    Happy Thursday, D. D. Scott-ville!

    Yesterday, at my grog The Naked Hero, we had a super-fun discussion regarding

    Show & Tell Us About Your Short-Shorts, Shorts, & Novellas

    And, I wanted to bring this inquiry to D. D. Scott-ville too!

    First off, I'm not talking about these Short-Shorts



    Nor...this fantabulous 1980's Nair Commercial...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou9AabR6_1w

    And yes, I’m aging myself...but anyhoo...LOL...

    When I say Show & Tell Us About Your Short-Shorts, Shorts & Novellas, I’m talkin’ about the lengths of those stories you’re reading that aren’t full-length novels.

    Now, when I researched the definitions and word counts of each of these story formats, given our tremendously changing publishing world, I of course found nothing remotely definitive as far as answers. But here are some basic guidelines (from Wikipedia):

    Short-Shorts = anything less than 1000 words

    Short Stories = 7000 – 9000 words to some and anywhere from 1000 – 20,000 to others

    Novellas = 17,500 – 40,000 words or anywhere from 10,000 – 70,000

    Novels = 65,000 words and up


    Told ya…no dice on definitive numbers, right?

    But really…who cares?!

    All that matters are that we’re getting fantabulous books and hopefully for fantabulous prices too, right?!

    So...here’s where I need your help, D. D. Scott-ville Readers and Fans...

    What kinds of fantabulous short-shorts, shorts and novellas are you E-reading lately? Who are the amazing authors? And how much are you paying for these Ebooks?

    I’m asking because I’m about to do something quite unique with my new, Cozy Cash Mysteries, which debut mid-May with THUG GUARD.

    So far...I’ve treated y’all to three of my Bootscootin’ Books for less than the price of one, traditionally pubbed, Agency Model priced paperback book. (In other words, buying my entire series of Bootscootin’ Books, which includes three books, each between novella and novel length, now costs $6.97 versus one, traditionally pubbed paperback at around $7.99 for either the Ebook or Print version.)

    Now...as my Bootscootin’ Books get a Cozy Mystery twist - with my new Cozy Cash Mystery Series – tell me this...

    What would you say to Cozy Cash Mystery Shorts (that are actually more novella-length by the above definition)...all for 99 Cents each?

    RomCom-Cozy Shorts, if you will...or to say it another way, romantic comedies with a chick lit, gone-country twist – now turned cozy-short twist – as in a Cozy-Short Mystery Series…

    The theory being, you’d get great, novella-length, LOL cozy mysteries, for a great price of 99 Cents, and anywhere from six to ten new stories a year versus two or three full-length novels.

    I can’t wait to get your thoughts on this approach...and to hear What kinds of fantabulous short-shorts, shorts and novellas you’ve been E-reading lately? Who are the amazing authors? And how much you are paying for these Ebooks?

    Sexy Sassy Smart D. D. Scott-ville Cozy-Short Wishes — D. D. Scott

    Labels: , , , ,

     


     

    1 Comments:
    Blogger jaw said...

    I'm not used to reading the short stories, except in magazines, but that sounds like a cool idea------maybe even a collaboration with another author.

    April 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home