Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Tuesday, April 26, 2011

    Being a Water Warrior with My Heroes & Heroines Too!

    Happy Tuesday and Happy Earth Day too, D. D. Scott-ville!

    Yes...I know, last Friday, April 22nd, was officially Earth Day, but everyday is Earth Day in D. D. Scott-ville!

    The DH and I always, always recycle all that we can, and we're sooo tickled our recycle bin fills-up ten times to one as quickly as our garbage bin. We also eat as much organic as we can get our hands on, and make art for our home and yard out of as much of other people's "junk" as we can find.

    This year, though, I wanted to do something extra for Earth Day...and since we live along the fantabulous shores of Lake Michigan, I knew just what to do...

    With the help of my Aveda Salon, I became a Water Warrior, by getting this super-cool, water-blue hair extension...





    How cool is that?!

    And just like my Protector and Firecracker Heroes and Heroines - my beloved Bootscootin' Series Roxy Rae Vaughn and now coming soon (in mid-May), my Cozy Cash Mysteries Hero and Heroine Roman Bellesconi and Zoey Witherspoon, who can be described as:


    ♦ ♦ ♦
    The Protector
    Another Knight-in-Shining-Armor kinda guy but one who might be a little more predisposed to do things his own unique way rather than by the accepted historical codes of chivalry. He gets the job done and protects his heroine, family and friends by utilizing whatever Christopher Chance-like (HUMAN TARGET) methods he deems necessary given the current situation and/or enemy. (Det. John McLane from Die Hard)



    ♥ ♥ ♥
    The Firecracker
    Like a big ol’ stick of raw dynamite, this gal is just one match away from blowin’ her top. She creates quite a report – aka the fireworks term for a bunch of noise – wherever she goes. She packs a ton of punch. And has enough explosive energy for her entire world and then some. Once she’s channeled into a positive direction, however, there’s nothin’ or nobody that can stop her from getting what –or who— she wants. (Samantha Jones from Sex and the City)



    ***Note: For more super-cool character types and definitions and tons of crazy-fun conversations about them, see my grog The Naked Hero !!!


    I'm doing all I can to fiercely protect the waters of the world, starting in my own backyard, by being an Aveda Water Warrior! Here's some more scoop on how you too can be a Water Warrior:

    http://www.aveda.com/aboutaveda/earth_month.tmpl


    Sexy Sassy Smart Water Warrior Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels: , , , , ,

     


     

    3 Comments:
    Blogger Monika Michalak said...

    I love that you do all that! I have been making more of an effort to recycle and all that.

    And the blue hair is very lovely!

    April 26, 2011 at 9:54 AM  
    Blogger Jennifer Starks said...

    I love the blue streak. Very cool.

    April 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM  
    Blogger jaw said...

    Cool blue hair extension! Your new characters for "Thug Guard" sound really cool, too. I can't wait for it to become available!

    April 26, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home