Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Friday, September 19, 2008

    Looking Through Love-Colored Glasses

    Since Sweet Man became the guardian of my heart and soul, my life hasn't and will never be the same.

    The everyday became magical carpet rides. The good in life became better still. And the not-so-good became tolerable, not-so-bads...shared burdens, stumbling blocks to walk through, around or over together to secure our future and happiness.

    It feels so different, but different in an amazing and wonderful way, traveling life's journey with your soul mate watching your back. Laughing with you about your missteps. Loving you for successes and failures. Leaning on you for the same support you never hesitate to give him in return. Sweet Man's unconditional love has forever colored the glasses with which I see the world. And trust me, I can't see crap without those puppies!!!

    I've always embraced my life with gusto. Gone for all or nothing. Grabbed my fears by the neck and squeezed the life out of 'em. But even though I'm using those same MOs now that I used pre-Sweet Man - because that's who I am - the results are amplified beyond amplified because I'm living, loving and chasing dreams for not one heart but for two.

    And here's why I know the love I have with and for him is soooo damn right...

    I'm not losing myself, my dreams, my goals, and/or my happiness for his. There's no trading in my heart and soul for a new model built on his joys, likes and dislikes. I can be who I am - every quirky, that just ain't right piece of me - and he still loves me and is there for me, complete with his own quirks and imperfections.

    He's taught me I do need someone. But that it's still okay to dance to my own crazy beats and beatitudes. That at the end of the day, nothing else matters. It's just you and me, he says.

    Damn. He's one smart man.

    Or am I smarter for listening to him?

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home