Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Monday, September 22, 2008

    Bring on the Flowers...and Witches!!!

    Was it Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond who sang one of my Mr. Microphone favorites..."You Don't Bring Me Flowers"? Well...the song was great...and Streisand and Diamond are still two of my favorites...but Sweet Man proved the lyrics of that classic tearjerker melody waaaayyy wrong today.

    Talk about a crappier than crap Monday...mine started at 4:30 a.m. when I received a less than heart-warming blog post from some meddling, misinformed Glenda the Good Witch Gone Bad. And following that broom ride, the day was just a typical bad butt Monday up until 3:00 pm when Sweet Man picked me up at work.

    'Course he looked all muscular spectacular in the black, "The Rock" T-shirt I brought him from Alcatraz during my July San Francisco trip for the Romance Writers of America national conference. Between that shirt and the one I found for him proclaiming he's my research assistant, he's looking good. LOL!!

    Okay...sorry for the digression...back to him picking me up from work...anyway...when he pulled up, he had this sweet, sexy grin to match his bulging biceps and handed me a gorgeous bouquet of huge Gerber Daisies. His voice kind of caught in his throat...and he dropped his hot-as-all-hell, couple-days-away-from-the-razor, stubbled chin and said, "There's my Sweetie. I thought you could use these today."

    Planting the softest kisses of kisses on my lips, he told me how much he loved me and reminded me that at the end of the day, "all that matters is you and me".

    I still can't get used to living and loving my real life hero. But Sweet Man makes the adventure as rich and wonderful as a big 'ole bowl of tiramisu for two.

    And as tasty as the tiramisu and just as delightful, I learned how to moderate blog posts so Glenda the Post Witch would know just what to do with her broom. LOL!!!

    If you can't laugh at peoples' misinformed, asinine cruelty what good are they?

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home