Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Wednesday, September 24, 2008

    Hump Day Quotes Kick-Off

    I'd mentioned in my inaugural blog that I'm a big-time quote queen. I'm always on the look out for terrific tidbits to get me through life. I gravitate toward sexy, sassy quips, but also am a sucker for the ultra smart words of people like Mark Twain and Deepak Chopra.

    I thought it might be fun to celebrate all these aha-said-it-so-well moments on Hump Days. So each Wednesday, I'll give you one of my favorite quotes to live, laugh and love by.

    Here's today's pearl...although I'm more of a diamond chick...well, actually a QVC Diamonique girl...so I'll call these little wisdom-packed gems, Today's Special Tidbits...anyway, here it goes:

    "If you were waiting for the opportune moment...that was it." --- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

    Captain Jack...I know...not exactly on the same level as Mark Twain and Deepak Chopra...but a great tidbit nonetheless...and c'mon, who doesn't listen up when the words are coming from Johnny Depp's mouth?

    Since Captain Jack's quote touts how over-rated patience can be, I'm immediately intrigued. Nothing...and I mean nothing...did I mention nothing...gives me greater fits than waiting on something or someone. When I've made up my mind, that's it. I'm on it and charging full throttle toward my goal.

    Probably why my spiritual journey, in its many you-want-me-to-do-what, I-don't-think-so, are-you-freakin'-nuts experiences, has led me to a publishing career. LOL!!! How could it be good for my psyche...or those around me (interesting to get Sweet Man's take on this)...to be pursuing a career based on Hurry and Wait then Wait Some More?!!!

    I'm telling you when it comes to Having the Patience of Job, Job is bellied up to some martini bar in my honor...convinced I'm the ruin of his reign.

    If I were you, Job, I'd try the chocolate martini's...

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    P.S. And please send your favorite quotes my way...Job and I are counting on you...

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home