Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Friday, October 3, 2008

    Chasing Dreams

    Yes, I know, it's after Hump Day and almost TGIF. I'm a bit behind the blog posting curve, but here's the quote I'm boosting my confidence with this week:

    "There's no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream." --- Author Unknown

    Let's just hope for comfortable shoes...preferably cowboy boots...truly, the most comfortable soles around. And if you've chased a dream for as many miles as I have, those soles are what keep your soul charging on against your worn out mind and battle-weary heart.

    For me, it's not just the boots but the locations in which they're covering ground that keep me in the hunt. Nashville, TN --- aka Music City --- is my Muse City. Setting my first series there was a no-contest joint venture, left-brain right-brain partnership. Could be because boots are acceptable 24-7 but so are sexy, sassy stilettos. Could be because the characters currently in charge of my muses can bootscoot and 'holler and swaller' with the best of 'em. Could be because there's this creative buzz blowing in off the Cumberland River that blankets the city (and the hills to its south) with bustling surges of possibility.

    From the fabulous boutiques and top-notch pancakes in Hillsboro Village. To the legendary saloons along Broadway and 2nd Avenue that have been the debut stages of many of country music's greatest artists. From fried okra and fried pickles to the many other culinary ecstasies of the city's Meat N' Three diners. Nashville has it all, served up with southern sweet tea, big 'ole biscuits or cornbread and tons of sexy, sassy, smart charm.

    I've chased my dream of making it as a published novelist for years. I've been figuratively kicked by the sting of rejections (many, many, many times) and been stomped on by people in my life who I'd thought would always stand beside me (sometimes life bites that way). But I'm still moving. And better yet, I'm picking up my pace, one baby step after another, taking my larger-than-I'd-like butt straight to the finish line.

    I don't care how far I've got to go...and if I eat one less chocolate chip pancake and refuse to become one of Jack's Barb-B-Que's flying pigs, alls good-to-go. I'm not giving up the chase.

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home