Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Thursday, November 13, 2008

    Mark Twain is a Romantic Comedy Queen's Keeper

    I haven't done a Today's Special Tidbit for a bit so here's one from a guy who will always be on my Keeper Shelf...Mark Twain:

    "Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please." --- Mark Twain

    How true this Twainism rings for me as a romantic comedy novelist. The facts are that life and love are full of laughter and natural shtick. I take the truths of the experiences and twist them a tad with my personal style/voice. As a writer, I make them appear to be fiction even though they're plum full of universal relationship truths to hook my readers.

    Take for example, the second book in my Bootscootin' Series where it's all about The Ex-Factor. (How many of us haven't lived through that horror? LOL!!! Well, now I'm laughing...I wasn't back then...well...let's just say I shouldn't have been although I was...)

    Here's my story hook: With both of their exes stirring the pot, can two chefs pull off catering a wedding without making minced meat of their relationship? Perhaps love is a lot like cooking...delicious with the right ingredients...or...not so delicious if the heat is simmering in Hell's Kitchen. Add a sex therapist to the mix and you get Hell's Kitchen meets Meet the Fockers.

    How's that for some fun stuff to distort?

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home