Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Friday, October 17, 2008

    You Are What Your Deepest Desire Is...

    So here's the terrific, Today's Special Tidbit of the week:

    "You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny." --- Upanishads

    The ancient philosopher and commentator Shankara nailed this concept for me. And I've relied on it time and time again to kick myself in the pants and bounce back into action after yet another rejection letter dares to land in my post office box or inbox.

    I continue writing romantic comedies not because I'm delusional and neurotic enough to enjoy repeated stompings on my dreams, ambitions and goals, but because being a romance novelist and someday screenplay writer is my deepest desire. It's my intention. My will. My deed. My destiny.

    All the more reason to get off my butt, have a couple dark chocolate squares, a martini or gin and diet tonic or Crown and diet, and get my whining, expanding thighs in my chair and attacking the keyboard once more.

    I've got to keep doing the deed (aka cranking out the pages) to make my destiny my reality.

    I soooo wish I could have cocktails with Shankara.


    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    Labels:

     


     

    1 Comments:
    Blogger Kristen, spinning said...

    Okay, I just clicked on your name randomly on Danielle Steele's website, for no amazing reason other than I liked your comment and I'm delaying going to shop vac the family room (long and not terribly intriguing story) and I love your site! I love how you write, and your site, and I can't wait to read one of your books. And I loved what you said in this post.

    November 10, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home