Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Thursday, October 16, 2008

    So You Say You're a Romance Writer...

    One of my favorite amusements in life is telling people that I'm a romance writer. If you've been there, done that, you know what I mean. Now that's some fun stuff!!!

    At first you get this 'no-kidding' twinkle in their eyes as if their cognitive wheels are already fast-forwarding or rewinding r-rated scenes of the type they imagine all your books are based on.

    Now some writers get a bit peeved by this, but not me. I think it's terrifically naughty and a sexy, sassy, smart place to get them hooked to at least hear my quick pitch about my stories. Let's face it...in today's multi-media, blurb intensive world, the fact that we, as romance writers, have an immediate hot button hook is fabulous!!! Oh, we got their attention...you bet your sweet behind...now we just have to hold it and massage it for a bit.

    Another funny observation is what happens next if your Sweet Man is next to you when you're filling someone in on your career path. They look at him next...their faces saying, without so much as a peep from their mouth, 'lucky guy'. LOL!!! This is usually followed by some reference to how much fun and interesting the research for my books must be...and again, I'm loving it, because they're still hooked and want to hear more.

    Yes. I take my work very seriously. I work my mind to its maximum overload capacity to crank out great stories. Yes. I have a passion to create wonderful characters that take you with them long after their last page in my book. Yes. I learn all the craft and story-telling techniques I can to ensure my readers' journeys are fantastic in every book. Yes. I'm proud of what I do and love every minute of the process. And yes. I'm thrilled that people find a tad of mischievous humor and intrigue in what I do. It's terrific to me and warms my heart and everything I am knowing that I can provide a sexy, sassy, smart escape through my books.

    Sexy, Sassy, Smart Wishes --- D. D. Scott

    P.S. I'm curious to get Sweet Man's take on this...

    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home