Follow D.D. on Facebook!

Follow D.D. on Twitter!

    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

    << Back Home

    Thursday, October 9, 2008

    Touchy-feely? Not me!

    You may have noticed that DD is a little more eloquent than I in her writing. Live with it. I have to.


    Those who know me will tell you I am not much of a "touchy-feely" guy. I have been called manly, professional, stoic, "a man's man, etc. Many other adjectives, a lot of the 4-letter kind, have been used when describing me over 25 years in law enforcement. Mainly by my clients, but, I am sure my colleagues have expressed their opinions on my behalf.


    That being said, DD has introduced me to meditation and yoga. I enjoy both.


    The meditation helps me relax. I can put things in perspective and figure out problems during those quiet moments. It is not the type one may think about. We don't sit on the floor with legs crossed, burning incense and humming mantras. There is a website we use that plays soft music while we just sit quietly in chairs. It lasts about 10 - 15 minutes. That's it. Just sitting there.


    Yoga basically stretches the muscles in your body. My back and neck have always been tight. They are starting to loosen up. I feel much better. Yoga is just a fancy way of doing the simple stretches all athletes perform. I always feel energized and more alert when finished with a session.


    Nothing weird. Just concentration and stretching. Not touchy-feely. I guess my manly-man reputation is still intact.


    SM


    Labels:

     


     

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

     - 

    << Home